BWIB SITE RULES & ETIQUETTE
For those businesses that support the values of BWIB and want to be connected on Facebook, you are welcome to join and enjoy free access to our BWIB Facebook Community Group where you are allowed to post as directed on that site from time to time. If you need some advice on your business please don't hesitate to ask as there is always someone willing to give you a hand. These rules are subject to change as platforms and awareness evolves, so check in from time to time to see the latest version.
Social Media Rules and Etiquette:
1. BE AN INFORMED AND INVOLVED CONTRIBUTOR: The group has been created for BWIB to help, share and collaborate and discuss issues related to your businesses in a friendly, positive and supportive environment. This group is for people who are active and committed to empower and encourage each other. We want your contribution – check in regularly and be an active voice in the community. Understand the values of BWIB and post in alignment to those.
2. BE GUIDED: Themes, invitations, and days to post will change from time to time. Be guided and follow the outlines and invitations of what to post from BWIB. Just remember in BWIB there is no hard sell and all promotional posts will be deleted unless specifically invited on a set day. Serial offenders will be removed from the group.
3. BE INCLUSIVE: Show proper consideration for another person’s experience, background and journey. Everyone is at different stages. Help and offer support where you have experience and do your best to add value by providing worthwhile information and perspective from experience, rather than mere opinion or argument.
4. ADD VALUE: Don’t be a “serial liker” to give yourself visibility or pretend you are engaging (yes, we know how you are). Read the content of the post and make a comment – that adds value and builds community (then you will genuinely be liked). If someone replies to your post, say thanks or start a conversation. Social media, like the name suggests, is a social activity and no one likes to be ignored.
5. BE RESPECTFUL: Don’t use ethnic references, personal insults or obscenity and show proper consideration for others' privacy, intellectual property, proprietary information and copyright. Remember your business brand is represented by its people and what you publish will inevitably reflect on that brand.
6. BE CAREFUL: Don’t share confidential or other proprietary information. If there's any question in your mind, err on the side of keeping silent.
7. BE TRANSPARENT: Do identify yourself by name and, only when relevant, your role, when you discuss your company or matters relating to it or make comments. Write in the first person and avoid using "we", "us", "our". Make it clear you speak for yourself. Take personal responsibility for the content that you publish on any public forum.
8. BE MINDFUL: Whatever you publish will be public for a long time, possibly for your entire career. Make certain that your online profiles and related content are consistent with how you wish to present yourself to colleagues, clients and prospects.
9. GIVE CREDIT: When you quote somebody, link back to the source if possible. If you share a post or article, give credit to the source. Post a photo/video/article with a link to the site or person you got it from (e.g. via the ‘share’ option on Facebook) and comment on the post for what you got out of it, or how it will be helpful to the group.
10. BE RELEVANT: Ensure posts are related to business and the values of BWIB. As much as you might love your grandchildren or new dog, some people treat their Facebook as diaries. But please, for the love of god, don’t share EVERYTHING with the group. Some things are meant to be kept private and let’s keep it that way.
11. BE IN BUSINESS: There is only once chance to make a first impression and we get new people joining regularly. Nothing undermines your credibility more than grammatical errors, and although nobody’s perfect, everybody can use Google and a spell check.
12. HAVE FUN: Last but not least, social media is supposed to be fun. Leave whining, crying and complaining elsewhere and instead meet new people, share interesting stuff, broaden your horizons and enjoy it to the fullest!
Your Disclosures on the BWIB Community Facebook Page, Blogs And Other Social Media: