BAYSIDE WOMEN IN BUSINESS
PO Box 5535, Manly QLD 4179 | www.baysidewomeninbusiness.org | ABN 00 000 000 000
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES
Bayside Women in Business Inc. (‘BWIB”) holds public liability insurance to the value of $10,000,000.
On submission of a fully completed and signed application form and confirmation of payment of the application fee, the application will be considered by the Management Committee of the BWIB (‘the Management Committee”) at the next available Management Committee meeting. Successful applications will be notified by the Administrator/Secretary of BWIB. A renewal invoice for the then-current membership fee will issue two months prior to your anniversary date, at which time you will have 14 days to pay the fee to continue your membership and directory subscriber listing into a new term. The Management Committee reserves the right to decline member applications. If your application is rejected you have the right to appeal the decision within one month of the notice. Other than your statutory rights as set out by Australian Consumer and Corporate Law, BWIB does not normally offer refunds for memberships. Where an initial application is made and paid online and is subsequently declined, a refund in that instance will be offered. By submitting your application form, you agree to be bound by these terms. You may resign your membership at any time by offering notice in writing, and no refunds will be issued.
ONLINE DIRECTORY SUBSCRIBER LISTING:
The current fee for online directory subscriptions is included in the membership fee and is based on a self-subscriber basis (if you follow the directions and upload the details and images required to complete your directory subscription). This fee is subject to amendment if (i) the submitter requires assistance in completing or uploading the details or images; and (ii) subject to change after your one year term has expired. Online directory subscribers acknowledge that the positioning or placing of a directory listing is at the discretion of the Management Committee, who reserve the right to decline directory subscriber submissions where any listing is considered inappropriate, not in alignment with the values or intent of BWIB, or outside the area BWIB operates in. By submitting your application form for the online Subscribers Directory, you agree to be bound by these terms.
As a member of BWIB you agree to adhere to, emulate and promote the values of the association publicly displayed at www.baysidewomeninbusiness.org/ (provide link)
As a member you will receive the benefits and inclusions as publicly listed on the BWIB website at www.baysidewomeninbusiness.org/member-pricing, which may change from time to time at the discretion of the Management Committee;
CONTRIBUTIONS AND CONDUCT
As a Member of BWIB, you agree to:
- Act in accordance with the rules of incorporation of BWIB and any decision made by the Management Committee;
- Make every effort to attend BWIB events and actively participate and contribute to the promotion and sharing of BWIB articles, event listings, newsletters and social media posts;
- Conduct and present yourself in a professional, courteous and respectful manner at all BWIB events and when representing BWIB as a member;
- Respect the reputation of any person providing a referral to you and respond in an ethical, professional and timely manner;
- Make no public statements concerning BWIB to or for media or promotional purposes without the prior approval of the Committee
- Treat all information and materials obtained as a member of BWIB as confidential, which obligation continues when no longer a member;
- Not to use or disclose information obtained from online directory subscribers, register of members of the association to contact, or send material to, another member of the association for the purpose of advertising for political, religious, charitable or commercial purposes.
VOTING RIGHTS AND NOTICE OF ANNUAL/GENERAL MEETINGS:
Financial members are welcome to attend and eligible to vote on questions, matters and resolutions put forward at the Annual General Meeting, any general meeting or special general meetings called throughout the year. Dates for the Annual General Meeting and any general meetings scheduled will be publicly posted on the public calendar at www.baysidwomeninbusiness.org/bwib-events and notified by email to members.
BWIB is authorised to collect your personal information under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld) for the purpose of carrying out the Association’s statutory obligations and duties. BWIB intends to use your personal information for these activities which are not limited to but include:
- update and maintain your membership records;
- publish any business details in any of its publications;
- provide you with important information about BWIB, its services and matters affecting your membership;
- provide you with promotional material as part of your membership (and on occasion providing that information to third parties in order to distribute those materials to you).
- conduct research to identify the ongoing needs of members;
- provide details of businesses to members and the public through website, social media and other forums;